Call for applications
Spark EU Climate Action
Are you ready to champion the cause of climate justice and join other climate activists in doing so? Are you eager to turn up the heat on EU decision-makers to tackle the climate crisis? Then this is the place for you!
Spark EU Climate Action is an activist training workshop that consists of an online training program and a face-to-face event in Brussels for young climate activists interested in learning about the EU and global climate policies.
The SPARK EU Climate Action Youth training programme is two-fold: it starts with six interactive online sessions followed by a four-day in-person event in Brussels.
- Six to eight online trainings, commencing Tuesday, 9 January 2024, from 18h00 – 20h00 CET;
- A four-day in-person event in Brussels, from 8 – 11 April 2024.
For the in-person event, EU participants will be selected based on their participation in the programme. We will share more details in the first online session. Non-EU participants will be automatically invited to the in-person event (pending visa approval).
In the online sessions, we cover topics like the intersection of climate justice, gender and development. We uncover how the EU works and makes EU climate policies and how to influence these policies successfully. We learned how to launch a successful campaign to pressure the EU on climate issues.
During the in-person event in Brussels, we will welcome a selection of climate activists for four days of intense and engaging training on climate activism. Participants from around the globe will meet with EU decision-makers, journalists, and other climate activists. We will hear directly (and challenge) what the EU is doing on climate policy and swap tips and tricks on getting people to join the climate movement, influencing policy and dealing with the barriers in climate activism.
See our previous edition of Spark EU climate action program here.
WHO CAN APPLY?
Are you interested in…
- Understanding what the EU is doing to tackle the climate crisis;
- Meeting fellow climate activists and learning from them; and
- Learning how you can effectively advocate for climate action at the EU level…
And are you…
- Between 18 and 30 years old;
- Passionate about fighting the climate crisis;
- Curious about how the EU works (no extensive knowledge required); and
- Have a high level of proficiency in English?
Then join us to turn up the heat on Europe and its climate inaction in our Spark EU climate activism training!
Apply by 26 November 2023 by completing the application form.